Friday, June 11, 2010

Arts Tour Weekend

I apologize for my not posting regularly here lately but, I'm still working on Laura's Mom's house. I have taken off this afternoon to do a demonstration at North Georgia College for the local Arts Tour Weekend. I was one of four local artists that took part today demonstrating their work at the entrance to the Bob Owens Gallery. I was there from one to five and produced the two small paintings below.



Arts Tour Brochure

I demonstrated my quick and dirty methods for production painting. I painted the two compositions using poster tempera on canvas that I mounted on chipboard.


Figs and Lemons, Poster tempera on canvas, 5" x7"


Figs and Lemons, Poster tempera on canvas, 5" x7"

Thanks for stopping by and have an interesting weekend.

Brad

4 comments:

Elizabeth Seaver said...

My goodness, Brad! Those are just fabulous for quick and dirty paintings! Was it fun to do the demos?

Brad Gailey said...

Yes but, more fun to catch up with friends and to be around a group of artists for a bit, something I don't get to do often.

Brad

martha miller said...

Beautiful juicy still lifes! Great color! It must have been fun for those who got to see you at work! A rare treat!

Sadia said...

Wonderful Brad! Composed and painted very nicely!