Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Counting the Cars

From the Simon and Garfunkel song, America, comes the phrase 'Counting the cars on the New Jersey turnpike.' I use phrases such as this on which to base my work. I usually react to very visual phrases. The title of the piece is Looked Out Over an Open Field, I liked the paradoxical nature of the phrases. 

The work is a collage of inkjet prints with acrylic brushwork. I don't have a group of artists that I can spend time with and get and give feedback about my work on an ongoing basis but, from time to time I do have access to a talented artist that I can learn from and be inspired by. My lovely model, Hannah, is a fine artist and an incredible painter and printmaker. This is an example of her printmaking talent.


Have a lovely Wednesday.

Brad

No comments: