Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Settling into a new year.


Now that all the pulling hair and jumping about is behind us I'm looking at new art projects for the year. I have had good response to my work using spray paint and have attached an example, Model and Artist, 24 x36, Krylon on panel. I am planning to do a series painted on primed Arches 88. I am looking at the photos from the FSA in the Library of Congress for inspiration and plan to fulfill my dubious ambition to paint the blues. For other examples see No Parking and Leda from previous posts.

Brad

2 comments:

martha miller said...

ever see jenny seville's paintings? this piece brings some of her work to mind. also gaston lachaise (sp??)

Julita said...

I've been trying to come up with something creative to say about how much I enjoy this piece, but today is a "slow" day for my brain, so I'll just state it simply: The color use is phenom, and I especially like the abstraction of the figure.